Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"So, what are we doing today, Zuul?"

Okay, I've been neglecting the blog. I know.

I wasn't going to post about this, but I figured since I posted about my UFO sighting, I might as well put this one out there as well. Trouble is, I didn't have any co-witnesses this time.

Last month, I was sitting in the second-to-last row in the smaller of the two theaters at work. It was the middle of a board meeting, so there were about 40 or so other people there watching the board chair talk onstage. Probably about 6:15 or so in the evening. I'm paying attention to the meeting proceedings, when out of the corner of my eye I see a ball of light, probably about 16 inches in diameter come out of the corner of the false ceiling of the set (suspended from the light grid above). I shift my attention to watch as it meanders towards the back of the room. Then it disappears into the wall behind me, about eight feet to my right and six feet over my head. All in all, it took about six seconds from the time I saw it appear to the time it disappeared.

I looked around to see if anyone else noticed; no one did. At least not as far as I could tell.

There have been a number of stories about paranormal goings-on at the theater, though our official stance is that we do not have a ghost (or ghosts). The building's old; it was built in 1917, so there's plenty of history.

What I saw was not a dustball. It was not a moth. It wasn't glare. It was not a floater in my eye. It wasn't a side effect from cold medication (I wasn't on any). And I'm pretty sure it wasn't ball lightning. It was a ball of light, that went on a curvy path through the wall. I've never seen anything like it. It was completely bizarre and completely fascinating at the same time.

Yes, I'm interested in paranormal stuff, but I've never experienced anything of the paranormal persuasion before. And I certainly wasn't looking for something in the middle of my meeting.

So there's that. My first ghost story.

3 comments:

Joel said...

"Has anyone in your family got a history of Mental Illness?"

"My Uncle thought he was Saint Jerome?"

erin said...

Wow ... it's just like that episode of "Most Haunted" with the haunted theater. Awesome.

CraniumBoy said...

I didn't believe in ghosts until I saw one, either...